Food and In-Kind Giving
Much of the food we share comes from donations from individuals and groups in our community. Throughout the year, we rely on others to bring food staples, holiday basics and even personal care items that are given to our clients! Here’s more information about food we share with our clients:
- We can accept only unexpired food.
- Donations are accepted during regular business hours. Due to health concerns, we must discard food left outside our doors after business hours.
- Fresh produce from home and community gardens is welcomed! We cannot accept home-canned foods.
- Toilet paper and personal care items, i.e. shampoo, shower gel, shaving supplies, etc., are included in all client groceries.
- Diapers (all sizes) and infant care items, as well as feminine care and adult hygiene products, are very helpful for our clients.
Here is a Circle Shopping List to take with you to the grocery store!
Circle welcomes in-kind donations throughout the year:
- Blankets – new afghans, blankets, throws and bedspreads are offered to clients throughout the cold-weather months.
- Fans and Air Conditioners – we accept new box fans and new window air conditioning units
- Back To School – school supplies, especially sturdy backpacks and solar scientific calculators for high schoolers.
- Birthday Club – New, unwrapped toys for children up to age 12, cake mixes and icing, wrapping paper.
- Toy Day – New, unwrapped toys and age-appropriate gifts for children to age 18, winter hats and gloves, personal electronics, activity gift cards (bowling, movies, etc.).
- Holiday Family Adoption – Items from the Wish Lists of all members of adopted families.
We also accept gift cards for use in most of our programs, including those from area grocery stores, discount retail stores, restaurants and entertainment venues.
Please note – Circle Of Concern does not accept clothing or furniture donations.